The general objective of the project is to contribute to strengthen gender empowerment and prevent violence against women at risk of marginality.
Its specific objectives are:
- to foster the achievement by educators and social workers of specific skills in order to support women at risk of marginalization, victims of violence and gender discrimination through an exchange of good practices;
- to raise the level of awareness and the development of life skills in women at risk and victims of violence to support them in the process of empowerment from the condition of marginality and oppression;
- to increase the commitment of the organisations in empowering and preventing discrimination and violence against women by creating a European network that could act locally and internationally.
The project includes three short term joint staff training events on the following topics:
- economic empowerment of women;
- socialization and self-esteem as a tool for self-efficacy;
- social tailoring as a tool to make gender-based violence emerge and to acknowledge the importance of the relationship between the target groups and the urban environment in which they live.
The whole project will transversally experience the application of the following methodologies: mutual learning; peer education; cooperative learning and active learning methods; intercultural education; non-formal education.
Women, direct beneficiaries of the project, will have the chance to experience new methodologies that will influence their levels of empowerment.
Partnership Project coordinator:
Per Esempio Onlus, Italy
Associazione Handala – Italy Surt, Fundacio de Dones Fundacio Privada – Spain, Merkuri – Georgia, Association Euni Partners – Bulgaria, Small Projects Istanbul – Turkey, Social Empowerment HUB – Greece
The project is co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme, KA2: Strategic Partnership Adult Education – Best Practices