The THIRD READING AGE project plans to increase the target groups’ quality of interaction with senior learners/users due to increased didactic, communication, and motivation competences, better cooperation and communication through ICT tools, and better knowledge about digital reading tools. The desired outcome is to help people working in libraries to gain new skills and competences that can help them progress beyond their traditional approach to and culture of education and reading.
Thanks to the online portal, that will be developed within the project, senior learners will also improve their access and use of online collections of digital training material.
The project will also have positive results for the participating organisations since project partners will improve their in-person and digital training approaches, strengthen their cooperation with the relevant lifelong learning institutions and libraries in their regions and countries as well as relevant stakeholders in other countries, contributing to their
The THIRD READING AGE project aims to:
- increase of accessibility to new communication technologies for older adults and develop the reading culture among citizens aged 60+
- development of competences for educators and library staff working with older adults so they can adapt their teaching to their local context and learner needs
- development of new educational material and resources aimed at activating older adults in the digital space
Project target group
- citizens aged 60+
- GRADSKA KNJIZNICA RIJEKA – Croatia
- Ustanova za obrazovanje odraslih Dante – Croatia
- GLAFKA s.r.o. – Czech Republic
- SDRUZHENIE YUNI PARTNERS – Bulgaria
- SABIEDRIBA AR IEROBEZOTU ATBILDIBU ARTSMART – Latvia
- Unione della Romagna Faentina – Italy
The project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, KA2 Strategic Partnerships for adult education.