Euni Partners Hosted Informational Meeting on Action for Supporting and Improving Social Entrepreneurship at Local Level
On June 21, 2019, the “Euni Partners” Association organized information retention under the project “Actions to Support and Improve Social Production at Local Level”, with the acronym ACT SOCIAL. The results of the project were presented during the event, namely:
– Report on the current state of the tourism, food and agriculture sectors in the cross-border region Greece – Bulgaria
– Report on the impact of the social economy on the above sectors
– Centers for support (Support Structures) for social entrepreneurship established in the territory of Blagoevgrad municipality and Thermi municipality
– An online platform serving as an online training resource and support center for potential and current social entrepreneurs
– Training course and training materials issued for the creation and management of social economy enterprises
The meeting was opened by Mrs. Ilina Yakova, President of the Association “Euni Partners”. Mrs. Hristina Shopova, Deputy Mayor for Culture and Humanitarian Affairs of Blagoevgrad Municipality and expressed the support of the municipality for the implementation of the project “Actions for Support and Improvement of Social Entrepreneurship at Local Level” and emphasized the need for close cooperation between local authorities and the non-governmental sector to achieve high results and a better future for people in disadvantage conditions. The initiative was also supported by the Blagoevgrad Regional Administration and Ombudsman Assoc. Prof. Dr. Valentin Vassilev.
The meeting was attended by representatives of the partner organizations of the project – the Municipality of Thermi, Greece and the Association of South Western Municipalities.
The project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund and national funds of the countries participating in the INTERREG V-A Cross-border Cooperation Program Greece-Bulgaria 2014-2020.
The content of this publication is responsibility only to Association “Euni Partners” and should not be taken as reflection of the views of the European Union, the countries participating in the Program, the Managing Authority or the Joint Technical Secretariat.